Re: New Currency sign in Unicode

From: Chris Jacobs (chris.jacobs@freeler.nl)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 06:52:15 EST

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: <Kyekyeku.Opoku-Pong@nokia.com>
    To: <unicode@unicode.org>
    Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 12:37 PM
    Subject: New Currency sign in Unicode

    > We are working on a keyboard layout for Ghanaian languages. We would like
    to include the Ghanaian currency sign on the keyboard.
    > The currency in Ghana is called cedi and it is written like the cent sign
    (¢) except that the cedi sign is bigger, sort of the capital form of the
    cent sign.

    It would help if you could provide examples of the difference in size being
    systematically used to distinguish between the cedi and the cent.

    I guess you have to show that this site has it wrong:

    http://whitesys.net/various/finance/ghana.htm

    > Does anyone know if there is a similar sign in Unicode? If not, how would
    one go about getting a sign like that into Unicode?