Re: New Currency sign in Unicode

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 17:20:51 EST

    On 01/04/2004 08:53, Chris Jacobs wrote:

> [...]
    This banknote apparently dates from 1965. It is possible that the
    typographic convention has changed since then. There are pictures of the
    current banknotes from the Bank of Ghana's official website at
    http://www.bog.gov.gh/aboutus/currency.htm, but they don't appear to
    have any printed symbols. Nor do the recent coins pictured at
    http://www.wbcc.fsnet.co.uk/af-gha.htm. Note that the name "cedi" is not
    a variant of "cent" but means "cowrie".

    I wonder if Kyekyeku is finding it rather offensive that all we
    westerners are claiming to know better than he does what the cedi sign
    looks like. He says it is different from a cent sign. Let's stop
    speculating that he might be wrong and wait for him to provide evidence
    that he is correct.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)