Re: Fixed Width Spaces

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 11:43:59 EDT

    On 06/04/2004 08:09, Doug Ewell wrote:

    >Peter Kirk <peterkirk at qaya dot org> wrote:
    >

    >>Unicode is meaningful only in cyberspace
    >>and not to printred documents.
    >>

    >What?

    I meant "printed documents", sorry for the typo. The point is that it is
    meaningless to describe a printed document as Unicode, I suppose unless
    it is actually printed Unicode names or code points. When a text has
    been printed, it is marks on paper and there is no way to determine
    whether it was encoded in Unicode, some legacy encoding, or something
    invented by someone who is trying to undermine Unicode. So I would
    understand a Unicode text as being one in electronic form, not a printed
    one.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)