Re: [hebrew] Re: Draft proposal for Unicode encoding of holam male

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Sat Apr 10 2004 - 08:42:39 EDT

    On 09/04/2004 11:08, Jony Rosenne wrote:

    >Peter, I noticed you copied this message to the "Hebrew Computing List".
    >
    >Unfortunately, this list is copyrighted. It carries the notice: "Copyright C
    >David Grossman. World rights reserved. This article may not be printed,
    >forwarded, reproduced, or copied in any way or in any medium without written
    >permission from David Grossman."
    >
    >Under such terms I would think you cannot post the same item to Unicode
    >lists and to the "Hebrew Computing List".
    >
    >Another question is why would you give Mr. Grossman copyright to your
    >writing. I wouldn't.
    >

    >Jony

    Jony, I have no intention of granting to Mr Grossman any exclusive
    copyright over the words which I wrote, and posted to several lists.
    There is nothing in the rules of the Hebrew Computing group which states
    that I am granting to the group exclusive copyright to material which I
    have written and of which I am therefore the copyright holder.

    I note that the Hebrew Computing list is fully moderated. (My posting
    has not yet appeared on this list probably because Mr Grossman is
    observing the Jewish holidays.) Therefore, anything which I post to
    unmoderated lists as well as to his list has already been published
    widely by me without Mr Grossman's copyright notice before he attaches
    his copyright notice. This makes it clear that his copyright claim is
    null and void.

    I may be breaching the conditions of the Hebrew Computing list by
    posting material which cannot carry this copyright. If so, I apologise
    to Mr Grossman, and of course give him permission to reject my posting.

    The above (excluding the quotation from Jony Rosenne) © Peter Kirk 2004.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)