Re: Web Form: Subj: Unicode conversion- Microsoft Visual C++ compiler

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 16:46:41 EDT

    I think this was just a confused way of asking how to
    convert UTF-16 into UTF-8:

    U+0427 is the Unicode encoded character.

    0x0427 is the UTF-16 character encoding form for it.

    0xD0 0xA7 is the UTF-8 character encoding form for it.

    Mino, sample code for how to do this is available at:

    http://www.unicode.org/Public/PROGRAMS/CVTUTF/

    Many Unicode support libraries will have a UTF-16 <--> UTF-8
    conversion routine built in somewhere. Check in the documentation
    of the libraries for details.

    This isn't a standard C function call -- it is in the libraries.

    --Ken