Re: Unihan.txt and the four dictionary sorting algorithm

From: Raymond Mercier (RaymondM@compuserve.com)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 04:17:39 EDT

    Ernest Cline writes
    >>I'm trying to pare Unihan.txt down to a less unwieldy size
    for my own use by eliminating properties that are of no
    interest to me ....<<

    The sheer size of unihan creates problems, hence the need to extract
    manageable subsets.
    This is the basis of my Hanfind:
    (http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/RaymondM) which isolates Pinyin,
    definitions, etc etc.

    Andrew West once suggested that Unihan be converted to an XML file, and
    would appear to help isolate the different fields.

    Raymond Mercier