Re: GB18030 and super font

From: Mark E. Shoulson (mark@kli.org)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 09:07:32 EDT

    Raymond Mercier wrote:

    >I am intrigued by GB18030 encoding. There is a table of equivalences in
    >http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu/~checkout~/charset/data/xml/gb-18030-200
    >0.xml
    >No doubt Unihan will at some stage include these 2 & 4 byte values.
    >
    >I enquired about the 'super font' created by a Beijing foundry,
    >http://font.founder.com.cn/english/web/index.htm, and am fairly astonished
    >at the prices, as you see from the attached.

    (!!!)

    Something has to be wrong, since the website has a press release
    discussing how their Super Font is bundled with Microsoft Office XP, and
    even Microsoft's prices haven't gotten that high!

    Maybe they're using , as the decimal separator and giving three digits
    after instead of two for some reason? I know, that's reaching.

    ~mark