Re: Standardize TimeZone ID

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Sun Apr 25 2004 - 12:17:15 EDT

    At 08:49 -0700 2004-04-25, Mark Davis wrote:
    >There is a different committee mailing list than the one for the UTC. However,
    >for the public unicode@unicode.org list it didn't seem worth having separate
    >public list yet. (After all, much of the material on unicode@unicode.org is
    >general globalization discussion -- and often even pretty far off
    >that topic :-)

    I do not want to have to argue the merits of Breton or Irish month
    names on the Unicode list. And that's what locale-building is about.
    The Unicode list should be for discussion of encoding characters and
    processing them. There should be a locale list for discussion of all
    the language tags, country tags, and other locale baggage.

    Please, Mark.