Re: Proposal to add 2 Romanian characters

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 18:19:40 EDT

    From: "Philippe Verdy" <verdy_p@wanadoo.fr>

    > Where did I discuss about DDK header files?

    MSKLC does not do anything that the system does not do -- it generates
    keyboard layout DLL based on the documented DDK interfaces. There are no
    active or passive plans to change that method of generation in MSKLC (and I
    am speaking here as the dev owner of the tool here, so you can probably
    count on it <grin>).

    <snip a bit>

    > Some good examples are in the US International keyboard and in the
    Canadian
    > French-English keyboard. They are quite easy to learn and allow entering
    easily
    > lots of composed characters. Allowing multiple dead keys before the final
    base
    > character keystroke would seem a natural extension, also for Romanian
    typists.
    > This is also a solution that avoids adding too many precomposed glyphs on
    > keycaps, and ease learning to use the layout.

    If the Unicode way is done -- i.e. adding the base characters and the
    combining diacritics separately will have the same number of keystrokes, and
    will work across all characters (rather than just the ones with precomposed
    forms).

    MichKa [MS]
    NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development