Re: FW: Web Form: Subj: Against Phoenician

From: John Cowan (cowan@ccil.org)
Date: Sat May 01 2004 - 00:47:34 CST

Michael Everson scripsit:

> Well, when I talk about the historical relationships between the
> scripts and their glyphs and the family tree and encoding nodes of it
> with relation to other encoded and not-yet-encoded scripts, those
> *whys* have been ignored, which is why I said to you, privately, what
> I said to you.

Nobody denies the historical facts of the abjad tree. What is being
questioned (by me, anyhow) is why those facts compel a difference
of encoding.

> I have already made these replies any number of times. In my abundant
> spare time (after finalizing the Irish ballot comments due on
> 2004-05-04, working on N'Ko, producing documents to encode currency
> signs, Coptic additions, Samaritan, etc., I shall try to revise
> N2311. Would that make you happier?

It would be better than not doing it, yes. But better still would be
to stick to things outside this vexing range which are higher priority.

--
In politics, obedience and support      John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
are the same thing.  --Hannah Arendt    http://www.ccil.org/~cowan