Re: Nice to join this forum....

From: Cristian Secarã (orice@secarica.ro)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 05:52:17 CDT

On Mon, 03 May 2004 01:45:48 -0800, D. Starner wrote:

> Unicode will not allocate any more codes for characters that can be made
> precomposed, as it would disrupt normalization. Others can better tell
> you how to get the job done with what you have.

Others can only tell how nice it would be if things are going according
to the Unicode road.
In practice, at least *today*, these are only nice stories, which I
have to admit, it's very interesting to read.

I don't know what systems are using in the Asian part of the world, but
here in Eastern Europe we are using mostly Microsoft Windows, whose
keyboard is very limited in generating precomposed characters - see my
recent thread "Proposal to add 2 Romanian characters".

Cristi