Re: New contribution

From: jameskass@att.net
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 12:59:30 CDT

John Cowan wrote,

> Mark Davis scripsit:
>
> > That document (http://www.yahweh.org/publications/sny/sn09Chap.pdf) is
> obviously
> > *not* encodeable as plain text. Drop caps, bold face, italics, superscripts,
> > font size, headers, footnotes, etc.
>
> Furthermore, it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying
> nothing.

The original question was about the screen shot, not the document. In the
screen shot, there were no italics, bold face, or drop caps. There was
a header in Latin script which would require a font size change, but
that's as irrelevant to the question as the document's content.

Superscripts and subscripts are already representable in plain text.

Since Shakespeare books frequently use drop caps and other fancy
effects, I guess Shakespeare can't be encoded in plain text, either.

If the contents of the screen shot were encoded in plain text under
the false unification of Phoenician with Hebrew, script identity
would be lost. That was my point. If anyone couldn't see that,
it's regretted.

Best regards,

James Kass