Re: The Unicode.ORG Server is now moved

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 12:22:30 CDT

On 03/05/2004 18:40, Rick McGowan wrote:

>The Unicode.ORG server move has gone more or less according to plan, and
>mail lists have been turned back on. Thank you for your patience.
>
>During the next few weeks, if you notice any service on Unicode.ORG that
>previously worked but is now broken, or if you suspect that some HTML files
>are missing or corrupted please do not hesitate to contact me (off list
>please). I will investigate.
>
>Regards,
> Rick McGowan
> Unicode, Inc.

I sent several messages to the list between 16:20 and 16:30 GMT which
were simply lost. These were therefore sent some time before the
announced time of the list being closed down - timing which I chose
deliberately. This is not an acceptable way to manage a list server. You
should refuse to accept messages which you are unable to deliver so that
they are queued for retransmission when the server comes up again.

I am resending these messages, when I can get Internet access from here
in Azerbaijan which is sometimes a problem. This is resulting in a
considerable delay to important traffic, and significant expense to me
as I have to pay by the minute for Internet access.

--
Peter Kirk
peter@qaya.org (personal)