Re: new server: many duplicate messages

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 12:18:09 CDT

On 05/05/2004 05:00, Philippe Verdy wrote:

>It seems that something got wrong when installing the new Unicode server, and
>that many messages that were initially processed in the message queue were
>missing. So the whole archived queue was processed again, creating many
>duplicate...
>I hope this will stabilize, because I just deleted more than 150 duplicates
>(with new processing dates) this morning for messages I had already received 2
>days ago...
>Let's hope it's not a bug and that I won't receive these again tomorrow along
>with new messages posted today...

Something very strange is happening. I have not received any duplicates
at all, not even of the small group of postings which I sent twice. I
resent only messages which I had not received back after 24 hours.

Are you sure this isn't a problem with your own server?

--
Peter Kirk
peter@qaya.org (personal)