RE: Writing Tatar using the Latin script; new characters to encode?

From: Ernest Cline (ernestcline@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 20:08:38 CDT

    They also have some other Latin characters that are not in Unicode
    given in at that site. [1] Most of them have decompositions into a basic
    Latin character with a combining mark, (which are listed on the referenced
    web page) but there are a few which do not.

    Besides the N WITH DESCENDER and O WITH MIDDLE BAR that
    Eric mentioned there are also G WITH TURNED COMMA ABOVE RIGHT
    and O with TURNED COMMA ABOVE RIGHT. They look like they might
    be nothing more than the base letter followed by U+02BB MODIFIER
    LETTER TURNED COMMA kerned so that the turned comma intrudes
    into the space of the letter (but doesn't overlap) or it might show a need
    for a new combining character COMBINING TURNED COMMA ABOVE RIGHT
    that would be a companion to U+0315 COMBINING COMMA ABOVE RIGHT.

    There is the proposed CYRILLIC GHE WITH DESCENDER on that page as well,
    with no indication of its status of as a proposed character.

    In addition they have what they call CYRILLIC XA WITH HOOK, altho the
    hook looks more like a loop to me, and several other Cyrillic letters that
    might be of interest.

    [1] http://www.eki.ee/letter/chardata.cgi?ucode=e000-f8ff