Re: Archaic-Greek/Palaeo-Hebrew (was, interleaved ordering; was, Phoenician)

From: Mark E. Shoulson (mark@kli.org)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 16:47:26 CDT

    Dean Snyder wrote:

    >My question is, do you really care what ANYBODY says about encoding or
    >not encoding Phoenician, or has your mind been made up for 10 years and
    >nothing can change it now?

    But they *DID* listen to what people had to say about it. Some said one
    thing, some said the other. A decision must, necessarily, go against
    the opinion of at least one party.

    Don't forget, your opinion was not the only one expressed. We also had
    other scholars who said otherwise. And if you think they are mistaken,
    you need to convince *them*.

    Or is it _you_ who is advocating that some opinions be discarded?

    ~mark