Re: Bidi Mirroring and Ogham (was: Multiple Directions)

From: Ernest Cline (ernestcline@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 18:30:55 CDT

    Only because of the way that Unicode handles vertical scripts by
    assigning them a LTR direction and leaving it up to higher
    levels to make the perpendicular flip. If someone wanted to include
    a vertical snippet of Ogham in a top to bottom script, they might
    desire to have the Ogham go from bottom to top, and that would
    make RTL Ogham reasonable in that context.

    It is a pedantic edge case that ought to be considered once
    raised (as it has been) even though I wouldn't recommend
    actively seeking out other such edge cases. :)