Re: Multiple Directions (was: Re: Coptic/Greek (Re: Phoenician))

From: jameskass@att.net
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 13:56:11 CDT

    Philippe Verdy wrote,

    > How can I get so much difference in Internet Explorer when rendering Ogham
    > vertically (look at the trucated horizontal strokes), and is the absence of
    > ligatures in Mongolian caused by lack of support of Internet Explorer or the
    > version of the Code2000 font that I use (I though I had the latest version)?

    The Ogham text shown in the graphic you attached is not from Code2000.

    Apparently, your browser is substituting Ogham glyphs from another font.

    The Mongolian positional variants which ligate well are not yet supported
    by released versions of Uniscribe (USP10.DLL), as far as I know.

    Best regards,

    James Kass