Re: Multiple Directions (was: Re: Coptic/Greek (Re: Phoenician))

From: jcowan@reutershealth.com
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 14:42:42 CDT

    Michael Everson scripsit:

    > TTB, not T2B, please. [...] BTT, not B2T, please.

    It would be a violation of my traditional cultural standards to use T
    instead of 2 for "to". Furthermore, using 2 prevents me from writing
    TBB and other such horrors.

    > Ogham has LTR directionality when horizontal, and BTT directionality
    > when carved on ancient monuments.

    Except that it seems that on occasion parts, at least, of said ancient
    monuments are indeed carved T2B. Are we to read these only while
    emulating an orangutan?

    > If you took LTR Ogham in lines and turned the paper so that the L was
    > at the B, you might get your answer.

    An answer, to be sure, but *the* answer?

    (I sent this posting to "edocinu@unicode.org", but it bounced.)

    --
    Ambassador Trentino: I've said enough. I'm a man of few words.
    Rufus T. Firefly: I'm a man of one word: scram!