Re: ISO-15924 script nodes and UAX#24 script IDs

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 16:53:41 CDT

    From: "Michael Everson" <everson@evertype.com>
    > Philippe said:
    >
    > >- The ISO-15924 text incorrectly references the
    > >IDs "Old Italic", "Linear B", "Canadian
    > >Aboriginal" with spaces, but the actual script
    > >IDs as defined in UAX #24 use underscores.
    >
    > If this is true Mark Davis needs to tell me and I will change it.
    >
    > >- Unicode already defines three script ids that
    > >have no correspondance in ISO-15924: "Limbe",
    > >"Tai Le", Cypriot". Should there exist now a
    > >request to map these scripts with IDs in
    > >ISO-15924?
    >
    > Limb, Tale, Cprt!

    They are not in the downloadable plain text version...
    The HTML version is bogous:

    I see:
    - "Limb;401;Limbu" and "Linb;401;Linear B": (numeric code conflict, incorrect
    ID)
    - "Tale;353;Tai Le" is missing in the plain text version

    OK "Cprt;403;Cypriot" is there....

    Please recheck the code list in a Excel sheet (according to the ISO-15924
    meeting minutes), reformat it and regenerate coherent tables...

    You could do that with a corrected CSV file that is used as a reference, and
    from which you will generate the HTML versions...

    Thanks.