Re: ISO 15924 draft fixes

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 20:34:16 CDT

    At 03:28 +0200 2004-05-20, Philippe Verdy wrote:

    >It was in the previous list (see the online HTML table 2).

    What does that refer to?

    >Who decides for the addition of scripts in ISO-15924?

    The ISO 15924 RA-JAC.

    >I thought there was a separate technical commity
    >and that you were just the bookkeeper of the
    >decisions made by this sub-commitee.

    With regard to Coptic, and the need to sort out
    the initial difficulties we are having, it seems
    prudent that I do what is necessary to correct
    faults. It is unlikely that the RA-JAC will
    object to this.

    >It can't be Unicode's UTC alone, as there are
    >already codes for bibliographic references that
    >are not (and will never) be encoded separately
    >in Unicode,so I suppose that there are librarian
    >or publishers members with which you have to
    >discuss, independantly of the work of Unicode,
    >which should only be the registrar for these
    >codes. May be there's still no formal procedure,
    >and for now the codes are maintainable without
    >lots of administration.

    Read the standard.

    >Do you want a script that generate HTML tables from the reference text file?

    No. We will handle that in due course.

    >One final note: there's still a missing closing parenthese in a French name <<
    >latin (variante brisée >> for the Fraktur script.

    I think that has been corrected by now.