Re: Response to Everson Phoenician and why June 7?

From: Ernest Cline (ernestcline@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 20:58:13 CDT

    I would be very surprised if there were such a cybercafe. One
    that had both a Hebrew-Phoenican and a Hebrew-Hebrew font
    with the Hebrew-Phoenician as the default would be much easier
    to believe as a possibility. Still, it is a valid point. I think that if
    Phoenician were to be unified with Hebrew, it would probably
    behoove Unicode to establish variation sequences for Phoenician.

    Even with a separate Phoenician script, it might be a good idea
    to provide variation sequences that could be used to identify
    different script styles such as Paleo-Hebrew and Punic
    in the plain text.