Re: ISO 15924 draft fixes

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 06:00:45 CDT

    From: "Michael Everson" <everson@evertype.com>
    > At 11:16 +0200 2004-05-20, Philippe Verdy wrote:
    > >From: "Michael Everson" <<mailto:everson@evertype.com>everson@evertype.com>
    > >> What does that refer to?
    > >
    > >See
    > >http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/iso15924-codes.html
    > >(sorry it was Table 1):
    > >Sylo 316 Syloti Nagri sylotî nâgrî 2004-01-09
    > >Can't you get the same page from the Unicode web site?
    >
    > There are a number of pages, Philippe.

    Not so much: 4 pages only (the links for the English left column and the French
    right column are the same), plus 1 link to the downloadable zipped plain-text
    version (I wonder why this file is zipped, given its small size, and the fact
    that the text file is coded in Unix-style end-of-line format, not in
    MIME/DOS/Windows format which one could assume as Zip was primarily developed on
    DOS/Windows... If you want a Unix-style format, compress it with gzip instead)

    Keep this in mind:
    - table 1 is sorted alphabetically by 4-letter codes
    http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/iso15924-codes.html
    - table 2 is sorted numerically by 3-digits codes
    http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/iso15924-num.html
    - table 3 is sorted alphebetically by English script name
    http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/iso15924-en.html
    - table 4 is sorted alphebetically by French script name
    http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/iso15924-fr.html

    Table numbers correspond to the order of fields in the plain text version.

    You did not reply to the change of orthograph for the English name of Malalayam
    (a dot below diacritic removed), which was not shown in your proposed list of
    changes (in HTML format, within your zip archive).