Re: ISO 15924 draft fixes

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 06:06:14 CDT

    At 13:00 +0200 2004-05-20, Philippe Verdy wrote:

    >(I wonder why this file is zipped, given its small size,

    If uncompressed, downloading it opens it in the browser rather than
    downloading it.

    >and the fact that the text file is coded in Unix-style end-of-line format,

    I used Mac OS X TextEdit.

    >not in MIME/DOS/Windows format which one could assume as Zip was
    >primarily developed on DOS/Windows... If you want a Unix-style
    >format, compress it with gzip instead)

    Can everyone un-gzip? Everyone can un-zip.

    >You did not reply to the change of orthograph for the English name
    >of Malalayam (a dot below diacritic removed), which was not shown in
    >your proposed list of changes (in HTML format, within your zip
    >archive).

    I am NOT going to track all the problems in all of those tables. I am
    tracking the changes between the two plain-text files ONLY, and
    Malayalam was not spelled differently in the first one.