Re: ISO 15924 draft fixes

From: Curtis Clark (jcclark@mockfont.com)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 09:57:09 CDT

    on 2004-05-21 07:10 Michael Everson wrote:
    > I am not very happy about loading the plain-text in browsers. Three of
    > my browsers load it and *all* the French UTF-8 is displayed in Latin 1.

    This *may* be a server issue. Iirc, the server has to be told to mark
    the text/plain MIME-type as UTF-8, since there are no <meta> tags (as
    there could be in HTML) and since browsers generally lack the heuristics
    to decide on coding of plain text.

    Mockingbird Font Works                  http://www.mockfont.com/