Re: ISO 15924

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 11:07:23 CDT

    > Use of ​ is perfectly appropriate to allow line breaks.
    > What is not yet being done is to *disallow* line breaks in the dates;
    > that is a mistake, since IE will break in dates and numbers, e.g.
    > the number -
    > 3.

    Yes, but... In this particular set of files, no matter *HOW* narrow I made
    the windows, I couldn't seem to get Netscape to line-break within the date
    field. IE line-breaks more stupid^H^H^H^H^H^Hreadily, but you have to make
    the window unreadably narrow to do so. It thus seemed not important to
    insert break positions before every "-" in the whole file, or even in the
    date field(s). For IE we could just set "nowrap" on the cells (or even just
    the first cell!), instead of inserting ZWSPs all over. I would find that
    preferrable.

            Rick