Re: UTF-8 encoded texts on the website (was Zip vs. Non Zipped and ISO 15924 draft fixes)

From: jcowan@reutershealth.com
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 14:32:16 CDT

    Philippe Verdy scripsit:

    > You can instruct Apache to serve a part of the site with another default
    > encoding by uploading with your FTP client a .htaccess file containing a
    > different default MIME type association.

    .htaccess cannot do anything that hacking the httpd.conf file can't do.
    In this case the problem is that the locations of non-UTF-8 documents
    are not fully predictable.

    --
    I suggest you call for help,                    John Cowan
    or learn the difficult art of mud-breathing.    jcowan@reutershealth.com