Re: Response to Everson Ph and why Jun 7? fervor

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 10:19:58 CDT

    1. I've been involved with Unicode since the beginning, and I can't recall our
    ever getting a proposal from Alan Groves, nor do we have any record of anything
    from him in our document repository. You have alleged this before, without ever
    providing any substantiation for when a document was delivered to the Unicode
    Technical Committee.

    Saying that people "ignored" something that they never were made aware of in the
    first place is a pretty creative use of the term "ignored". On that account, one
    could say that Aristotle ignored the Mayan contributions to mathematics...

    2. You have complained repeatedly about the lack of characters for Hebrew, but
    have never submitted a documented proposal to the Unicode Technical Committee as
    to what those might be (see http://www.unicode.org/pending/proposals.html). If
    you or anyone else wants to have a document considered by that committee, then
    you must submit the document via the submission form on the Unicode web site.

    I will remind you again that unicode@unicode.org is simply a public discussion
    list. It has *no* effect on the deliberations of the Unicode Technical Committee
    unless documents are prepared and submitted.

    Mark
    http://www.macchiato.com
    ► शिष्यादिच्छेत्पराजयम् ◄