Re: Response to Everson Ph and why Jun 7? fervor

From: E. Keown (k_isoetc@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 12:51:33 CDT

            Elaine Keown
            Tucson

    Dear Mark Davis:

    The events in question happened in the Very Archaic
    Unicode Era (1987-88), before 'document repositories'
    etc, were invented.

    At that point, I understand you were still
    communicating in paper or clay, as needed.....

    Right now one of the board members of ANSI (William
    Kelly) and also Debbie Anderson are trying to make
    sure there is communication between Unicode/ISO and
    the scholarly world...

    But in the Very Archaic Unicode Era, apparently no one
    was doing this.

    I just wrote 2 preliminary proposals (Babylonian
    Pointing, Samaritan pointing), and McGowan/Ksar gave
    me document numbers. I hope to write 2 more proposals
    in the next two weeks. The font will not be done
    until July.

    These four proposals are basic groundwork for later
    proposals (Hebrew collation, a subject already
    relished by the list), since they should complete
    90-something-% of "Extended Hebrew."

    Elaine Keown