Re: UTF7 COnverter

From: Markus Scherer (markus.scherer@jtcsv.com)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 15:53:42 CDT

    Vandana Vuthoo wrote:
    > I am trying to find converter for UTF7 to UCS2.

    ICU has a UTF-7 converter.
    If you modify the name with a "version" attribute, you can determine whether the maximum or minimum
    set of ASCII characters are passed through instead of base64'ed. (See convrtrst.txt, link below, and
    search for "UTF-7".)

    ICU also has a converter for the related IMAP encoding of folder names, which we call
    "IMAP-mailbox-name" for lack of a standard name.

    See
    http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/userguide/conversion.html
    http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/
    http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu/~checkout~/icu/source/data/mappings/convrtrs.txt