Re: Phoenician, Fraktur etc

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 16:51:30 CDT

    On 26/05/2004 13:54, Michael Everson wrote:

    > We have heard your arguments. We have weighed them. Unification has
    > lost. I believe that it is a foregone conclusion that Phoenician will
    > be sent for ballot, though of course the UTC and WG2 could decide
    > otherwise.
    >
    > As far as I'm concerned, that's about the end of the discussion.

    Bold words, Michael. I'm sure Custer encouraged his troops, and tried to
    frighten his enemies, with such assurances of victory before his last
    stand. But let's see who really wins this one. :-)

    Before you get wiped out, you have one last chance to negotiate. Dean
    and I are both looking for a compromise. Will you meet us half way, and
    accept a mediating position like interleaved collation?

    Or will you insist on fighting this out for death or glory? :-)

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)