Re: game pieces

From: Andrew Lipscomb (ewwa@chattanooga.net)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 10:00:19 CDT

    >> one can consider encoding the suits of Mahjongg, german, swiss,
    >> italian and spanish card, too.
    >
    > Dunno about the others, but spanish play cards suit symbols are
    > clearly "style" variations of U+2660, U+2663, U+2665 and U+2666.

    I think we're talking about different things here. The "Spanish"
    traditional suit signs of sword, cup, coin, and club (as in the
    kind you hit someone over the head with) are nothing like the
    "French suits" (found the world over, alongside the local
    patterns), although they do share a common ancestry.

    >> And the special sign printed on Joker cards (a five pointed star
    >> in
    >> a circle)
    >
    > Would suitable to use U+235F and/or U+272A?

    Jokers have different signs in different decks.