Re: Revised Phoenician proposal

From: Curtis Clark (jcclark@mockfont.com)
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 16:44:24 CDT

    on 2004-06-06 13:50 D. Starner wrote:
    > Let's be honest; the only people who matter in the least when discussing
    > a script is the people who actually use it. And all evidence presented here
    > indicates that scholars of Semitic languages--that is, the people who can
    > actually read the stuff written in the script--are, not surprisingly, the
    > majority users of Phoenician.

    (As a rhetorical device,) I have to say that I'm puzzled by this. All
    I've seemed to hear from Semiticists is that Phoenician is not a
    separate script. How, then, can these same Semiticists be the major
    users of something that doesn't exist?

    Mockingbird Font Works                  http://www.mockfont.com/