Re: alphabetic sorting of IPA and other derived letters

From: Donald Z. Osborn (dzo@bisharat.net)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 11:31:55 CDT

    Dear Stephen, I don't have an answer for you but would be interested in seeing
    the responses. As I understand it, however, the sort orders would depend on the
    language, and if the software has the info (and if the language has an official
    order in the first place), selecting the language would determine that. IOW, I
    think there is not a universal order for these letters in sorting, though I'd
    be happy to learn otherwise.

    I cc to a12n-collaboration where the topic of sort order has been raised
    before.

    May I ask what language(s) you are working with/on?

    Don

    Don Osborn, Ph.D. dzo@bisharat.net
    *Bisharat! A language, technology & development initiative
    *Bisharat! Initiative langues - technologie - développement
    http://www.bisharat.net