Re: Combining across markup? (Was: RE: sign for anti-neutrino - gree k nu with diacritical line aboveworkaround ?)

From: D. Starner (shalesller@writeme.com)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 17:13:45 CDT

    Peter Kirk writes:
    > That one is easy: this is the closing tag followed by a combining
    > solidus. The difficult case is if the parser encounters a not greater
    > than symbol. The parser will need to know to decompose such characters
    > first, but then a good parser would always need to do that.

    So all existing XML emitters should be changed, to make sure that not
    less than symbols and not greater than symbols are escaped? If I were
    writting a XML document with math content, and added a not less than
    symbol, I would be sorely surprised to find it starting a tag. Being
    a Unicode geek, I could figure it out, but I bet many mathematicians
    wouldn't. Letting not less than symbols open tags would be a big
    mistake.

    Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
    http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm