Re: Combining across markup?

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 12:00:57 CDT

    Anto'nio Martins-Tuva'lkin scripsit:

    > Even better yet: Have the WC3 rephrase their demand that no element
    > should start with a defective sequence (when considered in separate)
    > as that no *block-level* element should etc., and leave things like
    > character (provided that the said in-line container is not the first
    > within a block-level element, of course).

    The trouble with that idea is that in XML generally we don't know
    what is a block-level element: elements are just elements, and it's
    up to rendering routines whether they appear as block, inline, or
    not at all.

    --
    John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan
    Promises become binding when there is a meeting of the minds and consideration