CYRILIC CAPITAL/SMALL LETTER PE WITH DESCENDER

From: Eric Muller (emuller@adobe.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 09:12:22 CST

    It seems that Abkhaz, written in Cyrillic, uses a PE WITH DESCENDER, but
    I can't find this case pair in Unicode. I am missing something, or do we
    need to encode those?

    Evidence:
    - Daniels and Bright, p717, table 60.15, right column, 6th entry.
    - Universal Declaration of Human Rights, at
    <http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/lang/abk.htm>

    By the way, the UDHR document uses its own character set. I have
    attached a tentative TEC map (for SIL's TECkit tool) to convert to
    Unicode. The PE with descender are converted to U+FFFD followed by "1"
    for the uppercase and "2" for the lowercase.

    Thanks,
    Eric.

    EncodingName "Abkhaz"
    DescriptiveName "Abkhaz"