Re: CYRILIC CAPITAL/SMALL LETTER PE WITH DESCENDER

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 10:18:44 CST

    On 28/09/2004 16:12, Eric Muller wrote:

    > It seems that Abkhaz, written in Cyrillic, uses a PE WITH DESCENDER,
    > but I can't find this case pair in Unicode. I am missing something, or
    > do we need to encode those?
    >
    > Evidence:
    > - Daniels and Bright, p717, table 60.15, right column, 6th entry.
    > - Universal Declaration of Human Rights, at
    > <http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/lang/abk.htm>

    Is this 04A6/04A7? See also
    http://www.evertype.com/alphabets/abkhaz.pdf, and various links at
    http://languageserver.uni-graz.at/ls/lang?id=3043. There seems to be
    only one variant PE in Abkhaz (indeed in any Cyrillic), but the size of
    the descender seems to vary from example to example.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)