Re: bit notation in ISO-8859-x is wrong

From: James Kass (jameskass@att.net)
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 20:22:46 CST

    Most people begin counting with one, although in the recent
    past some computer technicians have begun to begin counting
    with zero. This is bound to cause problems and discrepancies.

    January the first is not the second day of the year.

    There are no businesses claiming, "We're number zero!"

    If there are eight bits, why shouldn't they be bits one
    through eight?

    The first bit = bit number one
    The second bit = bit number two
    and so forth...