Re: not font designers?

From: kevinsooryan@yahoo.com
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 00:05:59 CST

    Dear all,

    I will not identify myself as a font designer. I learned Physical Education, but not in that field now. I have not designed a font, but have converted one Malayalam TT font to unicode font by adding some opentype tables to that. Malayalam language badly needed someone to do that. Thats how i came to this list.

    so i am not a font designer. Now At last windows is supporting Malayalam as a language, and the deficiency of Malayalam Unicode fonts is a problem now. I wish all the present hackfonts got converted to unicode fonts, thus without designing new fonts, we will get so many unicode fonts. this also will not make me a font designer.

    kevin & siji
    move to unicode
    let us help the diverse cultures on this earth sustain.
    anjali.port5.com