Re: Unicode HTML, download

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 11:01:08 CST

    On 22/11/2004 14:23, Otto Stolz wrote:

    > Peter Kirk has als rushed into the following conclusion:
    >
    >> In fact, what you seem to be saying is, only use European languages,
    >> and expect the rest of the world to learn them.
    >> Not quite the attitude which Unicode is intended to promote.
    >

    > In fact, Peter is grossly misinterprating my statement and
    > he is imputing to me an attitude I do not maintain, and never
    > have.

    Otto, I'm sorry if I misrepresented you. But I fail to understand your
    point. You wrote:

    > - In your HTML source, use only characters from the WGL4,
    > cf. <http://www.microsoft.com/OpenType/OTSpec/WGL4.htm>;

    Well, of course if you are using languages which use only characters
    from WGL4, you will use only these characters. So I could only
    understand your recommendation as being to write only in languages which
    are supported by WGL4, and not in other languages. And in practice that
    means, use only European languages.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)