Re: Nicest UTF

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 10:19:07 CST

    From: "D. Starner" <shalesller@writeme.com>
    > "Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk" <qrczak@knm.org.pl> writes:
    >> If it's a broken character reference, then what about A&#769; (769 is
    >> the code for combining acute if I'm not mistaken)?
    >
    > Please start adding spaces to your entity references or
    > something, because those of us reading this through a web interface
    > are getting very confused.

    No confusion possible if using any classic mail reader.

    Blame your ISP (and other ISPs as well like AOL that don't respect the
    interoperable standards for plain-text emails) for its poor webmail
    interface, that does not properly escape the characters used in plain-text
    emails you receive (and that are NOT containing any html entities), but that
    get inserted blindly within the HTML page they create in their webmail
    interface.

    Not only such webmail interface is bogous, but it is also dangerous as it
    allows arbitrary HTML code to run from plain-text emails. Ask for support
    and press your ISP to correct its server-side scripts so that it will
    correctly support plain-text emails !