Re: ISO 10646 compliance and EU law

From: E. Keown (k_isoetc@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 12:20:46 CST

             Elaine Keown
             Seattle again

    Hi,

    Thanks to all who took the trouble to write me back.
    I gathered from what you wrote that there is more
    conceptual 'distance' than I realized between Unicode
    and ISO 10646.

    It appeared to me that it's possible to be ISO
    10646-compliant but, at the same time, to *not* be
    Unicode-compliant, since apparently Unicode has
    greater innate complexity.

    So another question. Are the incorrect standard
    combining classes for the Tiberian Hebrew diacritics
    only part of Unicode, or are they also part of ISO
    10646?
    ....thanks for all help--Elaine