RE: Unicode-Windows support in Mobile Phone

From: Mustafa Jabbar (mjabbar@bangla.net)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 21:19:32 CST

    Thanks for the information. In fact I want to use my language Bengali for
    sending and receiving SMS in my mobile phone. Even if that is not Unicode,
    initially it will not be a problem. When we started writing Bengali we
    created Fonts (By changing the shape of the Latin Characters) and Keyboard
    drivers ( To create lot more characters than English) and even today 99%
    people use ASCII based Bengali fonts and keyboard systems for writing
    Bengali in computers.Only very recently we are having Unicode under WInXP.
    But that is also with limited support. The applications which are Unicode
    aware-does not suppport Bengali. MS Office is the only exception.
    For mobile phone, I want to have the same solution like ASCII based Bangla.
    Can you let me know how I can install a TrueType Font in a mobile phone and
    how I can create a keyboard driver for mobile phone? What are the programs
    that is used for creating mobile applications?
    I know Win CE supports TrueType Fonts. But what about mobile windows or
    other os?
    I personally feel that people will be using that mothertongue in mobile
    phones if they can and that should be one of the marketing issue by the
    mobile operators.
    Thanks and regards
    Mustafa Jabbar