Re: Need help for Arabic text processing

From: Lokesh Joshi (lokeshjoshi@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2005 - 07:21:57 CST

    Hi Peter,
     Abt OT Spec, i have implemented the spec and i get same results as
    VOLT. But now (2-3 days before while testing Arabic) i came to know
    that to get fully complied glyphs Uniscribe runs one more phase before
    using OTL services. Here is the est below i got from:
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otfntdev/arabicot/shaping.htm

    The unit that the shaping engine receives for the purpose of shaping
    is a string of Unicode characters, in a sequence. The contextual
    analysis engine determines the correct contextual form the character
    should take based on the character before and after it. The contextual
    shape maps to an OTL feature for that form (isol, init, medi, fina).

    Now, if possible can i get the info that where are these rules which
    are used to guess which transformation shld be applied to which glyph.
    I am in sarch of these rules only. Are they specified by Unicode ?
    thanx
    Lokesh

    --
    Contact me @  lokeshjoshi AT gmail/yahoo/hotmail