RE: Need help for Arabic text processing

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2005 - 14:57:51 CST

    > From: unicode-bounce@unicode.org [mailto:unicode-bounce@unicode.org]
    On
    > Behalf Of Lokesh Joshi

    > 1. Where are these rules stored and are these a standard. How can i
    > know which feature of OTF shld be applied to which glyph.

    You can find this at

    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/OpenType%20Dev/arabic/intro.mspx

    That is a standard (de facto, not e.g. an ISO standard).

    > 2. Are there any open projetcs going on in this direction, which use
    > these preprocessing rules plus the OTF layout rules ?

    Yes. A better place to be asking questions about OpenType is on the
    OpenType list. See
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/otlist.htm.

    Peter Constable