Re: IDN problem.... :(

From: Adam Twardoch (list.adam@twardoch.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 15:26:02 CST

    From: "Doug Ewell" <dewell@adelphia.net>
    > But your "paypaI.com" came in the body of a message, which I set to
    > Arial Unicode MS for best Unicode coverage at small size.

    Well, I never claimed Arial is a good typeface :) Arial Unicode MS is a nice
    effort because it has a large character set, but Monotype Imaging have made
    better fonts as part of their WorldType series (they're not free). Andale
    Mono WT is an amazing monospace set of 2 fonts covering the entire Unicode
    3.2 standard. Monotype Sans WT is a large Unicode font that has less
    ambiguous glyphs than Arial.

    As for the freely available fonts, Verdana and Tahoma are probably the best
    you can get.

    Adam