Re: Uppercase variant of U+00DF LATIN SMA LL LETTER SHARP S ("German s harp s", "▀" )

From: Patrick Andries (patrick.andries@xcential.com)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 19:02:57 CST

    Asmus Freytag a Úcrit :

    >> I did not propose any solution to insure roundtrip between (lowercase)
    >> ▀ <-> SS, a very old problem. I'm not that amibitious ;-) I answered
    >> a different problem. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    >

    > But that's precisely the reason why people are using non-standard
    > spellings for words like PRE▀BURG. So a 'solution' that ignores that
    > requirement is no solution.

    Hmm. I have my doubts about what those requirements would be for a sign
    in front of travel agency written "PRE▀BURG REISEN", maybe ignorance and
    wish to look very Germanic in Bratislava by using a characteristic ▀.
    Also I don't think there is a technical reason behind writing "GRO▀E
    HAUSMESSE" on a poster.

    I have no problem with your proposal to use a <▀, FVS1>.

    P. A.