Re: IDN problem.... :(

From: Erik van der Poel (erik@vanderpoel.org)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 05:52:04 CST

    Peter Kirk wrote:

    >> Alexander Savenkov a écrit :
    >>
    >>> Suppose I *want* to visit XML-документы.com (which is not unlikely).
    >>> My browser should *not* alert me. Never.
    >
    > Perhaps one way for this kind of mixed script name to be distinguished
    > from spoofing is to require a hyphen at the boundary between scripts,
    > as in Alexander's example.

    It has been suggested that there be a rule limiting each *domain label*
    (between the dots) to one language. See section 1.5.1 in:

    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-reg-guidelines-06.txt

    So, with this rule, you could have a dot instead of a hyphen at the
    boundary between scripts.

    Erik

    P.S. Domain "labels" are described in section 3.1 of:

    http://ietf.org/rfc/rfc1034.txt