Re: IDN spoofing

From: Erik van der Poel (erik@vanderpoel.org)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2005 - 11:33:06 CST

    Tom Emerson wrote:
    > Since kanji are allowed how long will it take for someone to register
    > a domain name containing variant that differs only in a stroke or two?

    There is a different way to think about this issue. East Asian children
    are taught to read and write the thousands of complex Han characters, so
    they are more attuned to spotting small differences between them. This
    is why it is important to focus any solution(s) on the *user*. Their
    perceptions are paramount. See my latest ideas at:

    ftp://ops.ietf.org/pub/lists/idn.current

    Erik